The Manual Enrollment method is for quickly enrolling a small amount of Apple devices by manually entering an Enrollment URL on Safari. This method does not require wiping the device or the supervised mode.
The Manual Enrollment method is available for iPad and iPhone devices, as well as for Mac computers.
- Under the “My School” tab, select “Enrollment” and then click on “Manual enroll via Safari (URL)”.
- In this area, the Limbo Enrollment URL is provided, which you can use to enroll the device into Mosyle without assigning them directly to any user.
Important note: Assign the devices later to any User or Device Group. Keep in mind that if the devices are not currently in supervised mode, they will remain unsupervised if you choose to enroll manually using the URL. Choose the Automated Device Enrollment or Apple Configurator 2 enrollment methods if you need to take the advantages of the supervised mode.
- In addition to enrolling devices in Limbo using this method, you will have two additional options:
- “Enroll device 1:1 user directly”: If you want to enroll the device directly to a specific user, select the user you want to get the URL from in the corresponding area. You can also find this URL on the User Information Screen.
- “Enroll device to shared cart directly”: If you want to enroll the device directly to a specific Shared Group, select the group you want to get the URL from in the corresponding area. Remember to create the Shared Group before this. You can also find this URL on the shared cart information screen
Important note: If enrolling macOS devices with macOS 10.13 or earlier, you should manually enroll the device and then upgrade them. If enrolling Macs with macOS 10.13 or later, you should manually enroll the device. The user must approve the enrollment.