Install Books onto Mac computers using Apps and Books
Now, we will show you how to push out Books to your Mac devices using your Apple School Manager account. There are a few additional steps that need to be taken in order for the Book license to properly be associated with the device so it can install. Below, we will show you how to send Apple School Manager invites to your users, set up the profile itself and assign to your users.
Invite users to Apple Apps and Books
- In your Mosyle account click on “Management” from the menu along the bottom and select “Apple Apps and Books” from the menu on the left.
- Then click on your Apple Apps and Books account and select “Invites” from the menu at the top.
- Click on the “Send Invites” button and select the student and non-student users to send the invite to. If any of the users have Managed Apple IDs, then check the option “Use Managed Apple ID when available”. If users do not have Managed Apple IDs, then just select the option “Send email invitations”.
- The user must accept the invite in order to receive the books on their devices.
- To complete it, click “Generate Invitations”.
Create the Install Book profile
- After the selected users have accepted the Apps and Books invitation, you can create the management profile to distribute the Book licenses to users and install the books.
- Click on “Management” from the menu on the bottom and from the menu on the left, select “Install Book”.
- Click “Add new profile”. Name the profile then select the installation source using the drop down menu. Select “Add Book”.
- Once you have chosen the Book, close out of the menu and hit “Show advanced options”, where you can decide to auto install the book.
- Choose the users who will receive the book and once finished click “Save”.
Once the licenses have been validated by the Apple School Manager account, the commands to install the book will be on the user’s Mac. To complete the installation, the user must be signed into the App Store and iBooks, and the Mac must be online, unlocked and remain connected to the internet to finish the installation.