Install Apps into iPad devices using Apps and Books
In this section, we will show you how to set up your Install App profile using Apps and Books from Apple School Manager to properly push them to your devices. We will also explain the advanced Install App configurations and the different profile assignment methods.
- Navigate to “Management”, go to “Install App” from the menu on the left and click “Add new profile” on the top of the page.
- Name the profile and in the drop down menu below, select your Apple School Manager account as the installation source. Select the assignment method device-based or user-based.
- Click “Add Application”, then select the app that you would like to include as part of the profile.
- Once you have selected the app, scroll down and select “Show advanced options” right below the app icon. This area shows the different options on how you can manage the app better. You are able to configure settings for Auto Install app, Update Apps, Reinstall Apps and Self Service Apps.
- The last drop down menu allows you to select which users/devices will receive the profile and once you are finished, click “Save”.