Install Apps into iPad devices from Apple Store
If you do not have an Apps and Books account, you can still install apps remotely using the App Store, which assigns and validates app licenses based on user Apple IDs.
Important Note: Devices logged in with Managed Apple IDs are unable to download/install applications from the App Store.
You can request to install any free App Store app for your devices, but to install paid App Store apps, follow the steps below:
- Purchase the app through iTunes using an Apple ID and make sure the iPad devices that will be using the app are logged into iTunes and the App Store using the same Apple ID you used to purchase the app.
- Make sure that the automatic downloads toggle is turned on.
- After creating the Install App profile, all devices logged in with the Apple ID will receive the command and install the app.
Important Note: Apple policies only allow up to 10 devices to be logged in to iTunes with the same Apple ID, and no more than 5 computers.
Create an Install App Profile
You will need an Install App profile to download apps from the App Store. To do this:
- Go to the “Management” tab along the bottom, click Install App and “+Add new profile”.
- Name the profile to help you identify the group of apps included in the profile, or who the profile is assigned to.
- Choose the Installations Source as the App Store and click “+Add Application”.
- Search for the apps you want, and choose which ones to install on the devices.
- Choose the devices and/or users you wish to assign to the profile. When finished, click “Save”.