Edit parameters and import data from ASM
After you complete the integration between Apple School Manager and Mosyle Manager, you are able to edit the settings in order to configure the different parameters that can be used when syncing your data from ASM.
Make sure you’ve uploaded all user data into Apple School Manager before integrating into Mosyle Manager. Instructions on how to upload user data in ASM can be found in the Integrate SIS or SFTP with Apple School Manager section.
If you plan to use your iPad devices as Apple Shared devices, be sure to create Managed Apple IDs in Apple School Manager for students and teachers before integrating to Mosyle Manager.
To deploy the Apple’s Classroom and Schoolwork app, be sure all Student, Instructor and Course/Class data is imported into Apple School Manager. Follow the steps below to edit Apple School Manager parameters:
- Login to your Mosyle Manager account, then click the “My School” tab on the bottom.
- From the Basic Setup area, select “Apple School Manager”.
- Next, click “Settings” on your Apple School Manager account.
- In this tab, you can see all parameters used in Apple School Manager. The first dropdown menu shows different “User ID Variables”. In the second area, you can see the “Users Email”. Then, the parameters for Class Period: you can choose “Class ID” or “Class Number”. Finally, check out the different locations that can be synced to Mosyle Manager, as well as the Grade Levels parameters.
- After editing the ASM parameters, click “Pull Fresh Data” to sync data and view the summary of the data that will be imported to Mosyle. (If you want to have your data automatically synced, just check the box next to “Sync Automatically”. The sync will happen between 4am-5am EST every day).
- If you decide to only add new data to Mosyle, check the box next to “Only Add New Data and Do Not Edit Existing Data”. The existing data will be kept when you choose this option.
- Once finished, scroll down to the bottom right and select “Start Integration” and then click “Confirm”.
Apple School Manager doesn’t provide the MDM with the “User Type”. If you want to import a user that isn't associated with a course or a class, follow these steps:
- Choose the option to import the user without the location.
- Then choose the type you would like to be imported: Student, Teacher or Staff. When finished, click “Save”.