Apple’s Push Certificate
Apple's Push Certificate (APNs) is the first step to setting up your MDM solution. This step is required in order for the MDM to communicate with your Apple devices.
How to create your Push Certificate
- Log into your Mosyle Manager account and navigate to the “My School” area using the menu at the bottom.
- Click on Push Certificate located in the Basic Setup section of the menu on the left
- Download the CSR file and open a new tab on the browser to access the Apple’s portal https://identity.apple.com/pushcert
- Log in with your school’s Apple ID and follow the onscreen instructions to create the certificate by uploading the CSR file that was downloaded from Mosyle.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to create the certificate by uploading the CSR file that was downloaded from Mosyle.
- Download the generated .PEM file and go back to Mosyle Manager.
- Upload the .PEM file within Mosyle Manager.
Important note: Make sure you use the Apple ID that’s associated with the school since it’s what you’ll use to renew the Push Certificate. Due to security measures, the Push Certificate must be renewed annually.
Important note: We highly recommend using the Apple ID that you used to create the Push Certificate in the field provided within Mosyle Manager. It is very important that you remember the utilized Apple ID.
If you do not remember it, or do not have access to it at the time of renewal, you will have to start the process from the beginning and create a new Push Certificate. The Push Certificate must be renewed annually due Apple’s security policies.
How to renew your Push Certificate
- Log into your Mosyle Manager account and navigate to the My School tab using the menu at the bottom.
- Click on Renew to start the renewal process.
- Download the CSR file and log in to Apple’s portal https://identity.apple.com/pushcert using the same Apple ID that was used to create the Push Certificate.
- Download the Push Certificate from the Apple Portal.
- Go back to Mosyle Manager and upload the file in the Push Certificate area.
If your school is not enrolled in Apple School Manager (ASM), check out the other integration methods to import user data.