Document Workflows 03
Documenting how your technology team uses the current mobile device management solution is essential to accomplish a successful MDM migration, because it will help to build a strong migration plan, covering any critical workflows, as well as organizing your team's responsibilities and framework.
Take a look at the workflows that are important to document by asking those questions:
- Does your school use Apple School Manager and/or Active Directory? How does your school organize users and rosters in the current MDM? Are there any options to make any of this process easier?
- What are the Wi-Fi Configurations and Security Certificates?
- What are the most important/most used management profiles in your school?
- How do you manage the educational content? Do you use VPP/Apps and Books in ASM? Do you use PKG files for installing apps on Macs?
- How did you enroll the devices in your first MDM deployment? Wiping the devices was required? Is required students/teachers interaction? Are there any options to make any of this process easier?
Download the checklist with all the important questions you should answer to create a solid MDM migration plan!
This documentation is crucial for you and it will be supporting you when evaluating the school's Apple device landscape and analyzing the workflows, providing important insights about the best enrollment method and management frameworks for your school.
According to the answers, you will be able to outline your migration plan starting by the assets that need to be exported as well as the data that should be stored - which we will explain in the next chapter!